About a third of the Centre’s income is from grants provided by trusts and foundations. We receive funding for day-to-day operations and for specific projects in respect of equipment and educational activity-related.
In recent years, we have received funding from:
- Richmond Parish Lands, to support our three-year development plan and the associated transitional costs
- Barnes Workhouse Fund, to support our day-to-day education activities, with a focus on services to Barnes schools and groups
- Kaye Pemberton Trust, to support the Centre’s operations and projects
- Normansfield and Richmond Foundation, for new garden furniture for the Centre’s picnic area
- Heathrow Community Fund, for water storage tanks to allow us to use the nature trail’s ponds year round
- Chapman Charitable Trust, to support our day-to-day education activities
- The Wellcome Trust, for the creation of the Victorian Pharmacy.
The Centre’s underlying commitment is to education, particularly for those with disabilities and/or special educational needs, who often also experience financial and social deprivation. Our educational activities focus on the natural world, heritage and history.
We are very grateful to all our trust and foundation supporters, thank you.