The Centre operates on a budget of approximately £80,000 a year together with volunteer time valued at at least £70,000. Funding comes from trusts and foundations, fund-raising events and individual donations. Our charges to visitors amount to only 15% of our costs: we receive no monetary funding from central or local government.
Two-thirds of our budget refers to staff costs and the remaining monies cover the general running costs, for example, materials for educational activities, IT, marketing and improvement projects.
Our income comes from four main sources:
- Grants from trusts and foundations (35%)
- Donations from individuals and local groups/businesses (25-30%)
- Fund-raising events (20%)
- Charges to schools and other groups for visits (15-20%).
Recent trusts and foundations supporting the Centre include:
Richmond Parish Lands
Kaye Pemberton Trust
Normansfield and Richmond Foundation
Barnes Workhouse Fund
Heathrow Community Fund, and
Chapman Charitable Trust.
There are several ways for individuals, local groups or businesses to support us through donations, these are:
- A Core Donor scheme for those wishing to support the Centre financially for a three year period
- A supporter scheme for one-off or regular giving
- Specific appeals for funding of projects to enhance our educational activities and facilities
- Pre-paid entry fees at the Royal Parks Half-Marathon, Ride London and London Duathlon annual events for raising sponsorship money for the Centre
- Opportunities for local businesses to sponsor and/or fund aspects of the Centre’s activities.
If you would like to support us by making a donation, or are interested in funding or sponsoring specific activities at the Centre, please visit our Donate page or phone the Centre on 020 8940 8730
Our 2015 Annual Report and Year End accounts are available to view here.
Our latest financial accounts and other information about the Centre, can also be viewed at the Charity Commission website - www.charity-commission.gov.uk, entering Charity No. 1076741.