Facilities on site
The Centre occupies buildings behind Holly Lodge at the back of the yard. Facilities include:
- a large, well-lit activity room with tables and seating for approximately thirty-five people (two height-adjustable tables for wheelchair users)
- Mrs Sawyer’s Victorian Kitchen – a room recreated in Victorian style with piano (and hearing loop)
- A Replica Victorian Pharmacy “Philip Palmer’s Chemist
- a Victorian kitchen garden and greenhouse (video)
- a nature trail
- a picnic lawn with a huge mural of the Park
- the best toilet facilities for the disabled for miles around (!) with changing bed and hoist
- six wheelchairs available for use (four for adults and two for children)
- audio visual equipment
- worksheets, clipboards, pencils and crayons
- car parking
- A disabled access bird hide is available from September to March at Pen Ponds Plantation — transport by Sunshine Coach available to site
The whole area is wheelchair-accessible. There is a way into the Park from the back gate onto a wheelchair-accessible path.
The yard is a secure area and all visitors are required to report to reception on arrival.